Some Good Facts
Geothermal heating and cooling is nothing new. The technology has been around for more than 50 years and improved upon ever since. Consumers of the technology rank their comfort and satisfaction with geothermal higher than another other type of system.
On top of that, you can really save with geothermal. Most homeowners will see a reduction of 30-70 percent in their heating and cooling costs. These systems also have the lowest life cycle cost of all heating and cooling systems and the lower maintenance costs coupled with longer life expectancy should be taken into consideration with determining the savings.
Real Environmental Impact
Using a geothermal system can have significant impact on the world around you as well. No studies have been done in recent years but in the 1990s a widely noted study was performed with some incredible evidence to show how efficient these units are. The research detailed the carbon dioxide emissions of a standard 3-ton residential geothermal system versus that of a conventional fossil fuel one. The results demonstrated that the the geothermal system produced approximately one less pound of carbon dioxide per hour of use. This data expanded over 20 years of use would equate to the environmental impact of planting 120,000 acres of trees or converting approximately 58,000 cars to zero emission vehicles. Cited
It Has Benefits Too
- Safe – no combustion, no chance of explosion, hazardous fumes or risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Lower Operational Costs – efficiency ratings of 400 to 500 versus less than 100 for conventional systems
- Green – geothermal systems have a positive impact on the environment
- Peacefully Quiet – rattling and vibration are virtually gone due to a unique cabinet design
- Unmatched Comfort – superior air comfort and purification as well as air quality
- Longer Life Cycle – expect geothermal systems to last 20-24 years versus the conventional 13-15 years
- Flexibility – works perfectly well in warm and cool climates and always an excellent source for heating and cooling
- Bonus Hot Water – captures reclaimed heat during heating and cooling modes to cut water heating costs up to 50%